Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
A national, long-term visa (D-Type Visa) allows you to stay in Germany as a resident for more than 90 days and to travel freely within all member states of the Schengen Treaty (including airport transit), while you live in Germany.
How and where to apply
In the UAE, all visa applications are processed and decided upon by the German Consulate General in Dubai.
Applicants wishing to apply for a Long stay visa for Germany need to contact our external service Provider VFS Global http://www.vfsglobal.com/germany/UAE/ for an appointment by sending an E-Mail to Germany.email@example.com
Once the appointment date is confirmed, the applicant needs to attend in person to the Visa Section of the German Consulate in Dubai with all the required documents for the appointment.
Please check carefully the relevant information and requirement sheets for your type of travel purpose and ensure to submit all requested documents. All documents need to be submitted in 3 sets (1 x Original and 2 x copies). The original set is returned to the applicant at the end of the interview. Only complete applications can be processed.
Application Form for National Visa
Please fill out the application and bring a printout to the interview.
Requirement Sheets for National Visa
- Recognition of foreign qualifications for regulated professions §16d
- Au Pair
- SYR Refugees Family Reunion_Juni 2020 PDF / 359 KB
- Family Reunion_Juni 2020 PDF / 352 KB
- Job Seeker_Juni 2020 PDF / 346 KB
- Medical Long Stay_Juni 2020 PDF / 282 KB
- Self-Employment_Juni 2020 PDF / 313 KB
- Speciality Cook_Juni 2020 PDF / 299 KB
- Student PDF / 344 KB
Additional Requirements / Information&Declaration for National Visa
- General Information Sheet - Long Term Visa _Stand März 2020 PDF / 255 KB
- Recognition of Foreign Documents _Stand März 2020 PDF / 82 KB
- Blocked Account & Obligation Letter_March2020 PDF / 97 KB
- Health Insurance_Stand März 2020 PDF / 80 KB
- Declaration - Consent for Email Contact PDF / 320 KB
- Language Requirements Leaflet PDF / 130 KB
- Au Pair_General Information PDF / 110 KB
- Au Pair_Host Family Questionnaire PDF / 772 KB
- Employment Visa-Job Description Form PDF / 653 KB
As of 1 August 2018, close family members (spouses, unmarried minor children and parents of minor children) of a Person eligible for subsidiary protection in Germany will be able to apply for a vise…
Germany depends on being open and connected to the wider world. On 1 August 2012, the law implementing the EU's Blue Card Directive is entering into force. The new law will especially streamline visa application and right of residence procedures for skilled professionals from abroad.
some of your questions might be answered below
For more information, please contact Ms. Mona Osman at the Goethe Institute in Abu Dhabi at the following email-address: firstname.lastname@example.org