For long term stay more than 90 days.
A national, long-term visa (D-Type Visa) allows you to move to Germany, become a resident living for more than 90 days as well as to travel freely within all member states of the Schengen Treaty (including airport transit), while you live in Germany.
How and where to apply
In the UAE, all visa applications are processed and decided upon by the German Consulate General in Dubai.
Each applicant (applicable also on minor children) must book an appointment slot and have their own set of documents and application form.
Please book your appointment here starting from 01.12.2022: Please do not use Smartphone for scheduling an appointment. Booking an appointment is free of charge.
If you wish to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please cancel the appointment by using the cancelation link shared in your appointment confirmation email. After that you can schedule a new appointment.
If you miss your appointment, you will have to schedule a new appointment.
Citizens of Australia, Canada, Israel, Korea (Republic of), Japan, New Zealand and the United States of America can apply for a residence and work permit after arriving in Germany.
Once the appointment date is confirmed, the applicant needs to attend the interview in person at the Visa Section of the German Consulate in Dubai with all the required documents for the appointment.
Please check carefully the relevant information and requirement sheets for your type of travel purpose and ensure to submit all requested documents. All documents need to be submitted in 3 sets (1 x Original and 2 x copies). The passport and the original set is returned to the applicant at the end of the interview. Only complete applications can be processed.
Please refrain from sending any documents to the Visa Section unless expressly instructed to do so, in particular not prior to your application. Documents sent to the Visa Section in advance will not be archived.
The visa email address is E-Mail to email@example.com
Application Form for National Visa
Please fill out the application and bring a printout to the interview.
Requirement Sheets for National Visa
- National Visa - Recognition of foreign qualifications for regulated professions §16d
- National Visa - Au Pair
- National Visa - Employment
- National Visa - Family Reunion
- National Visa - Job Seeker
- National Visa - Medical Long Stay
- National Visa - Self Employment
- National Visa - Specialty Cook
- National Visa - Study
- National Visa - Scientists / Visiting Scholars (Wissenschaftler)
- National Visa - Freelancers
- National Visa - Family Reunion under Subsidiary Protection
- National Visa - Vocational Training (Ausbildung)
- National Visa - Voluntary Service (Bundesfreiwilligen Dienst)
Additional Information Leaflets and Declaration
- General Information Sheet Long term
- Recognition of Foreign Documents
- Blocked Account and Formal Obligation Letter
- Health Insurance for Long Term Stay
- Letter of Consent / Parental Authorization
- Language Requirements Leaflet
- Au Pair_General Information PDF / 110 KB
- Au Pair_Host Family Questionnaire PDF / 772 KB
- Employment - Declaration
- Employment - Job Description
As of 1 August 2018, close family members (spouses, unmarried minor children and parents of minor children) of a Person eligible for subsidiary protection in Germany will be able to apply for a vise…
Family Reunion to a Person eligible for subsidiary protection in Germany
Germany depends on being open and connected to the wider world. On 1 August 2012, the law implementing the EU's Blue Card Directive is entering into force. The new law will especially streamline visa application and right of residence procedures for skilled professionals from abroad.
Übersetzer und Dolmetscher in Dubai In den Vereinigten Arabischen Emiraten werden konsularische Dienstleistungen nur noch durch das Generalkonsulat in Dubai angeboten. Dieses fertigt jedoch keine…
some of your questions might be answered below
For more information, please contact Ms. Mona Osman at the Goethe Institute in Abu Dhabi at the following email-address: firstname.lastname@example.org