A national, long-term visa allows you to stay in Germany as a resident and to travel freely within all member states of the Schengen Treaty (including airport transit), while you live in Germany.
How and where to apply:
In the UAE, all visa applications are processed and decided upon by the German Consulate General in Dubai.
Applicants wishing to apply for a Long stay visa for Germany Need to contact VFS Global for an appointment by sending an E-Mail to Germany.firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the appointment date is confirmed, the applicant needs to attend in Person with all the required documents for the appointment.
Documents / Application forms / Information leaflets
Please check carefully the relevant information and checklists for your type of travel purpose and ensure to submit all requested documents. All documents need to be submitted in 3 sets (1 x Original and 2 x copies) in order to have 2 complete application sets of documents.
Processing time: 10 to 12 weeks.
Here you will find all relevant information about the different types of long stay visa as well as application forms and leaflets.
- Studying PDF / 393 KB
- Self-Employment PDF / 412 KB
- Speciality Cook PDF / 394 KB
- Family reunion PDF / 403 KB
- Family reunion to syrian Refugees PDF / 338 KB
- Recognition of foreign qualifications for regulated professions PDF / 399 KB
- Medical Long Stay PDF / 476 KB
- Job Seeker PDF / 336 KB
- Au-Pair (D-Visa) PDF / 336 KB
Application Forms for National Visa( English and Arabic )
- Antragsformular / Application Form (DEU/ EN) PDF / 485 KB
- Antragsformular / Application Form (DEU/AR) PDF / 680 KB
Additional Requierments/ Informations for Long term Visa
- Information on national, long-term visa PDF / 454 KB
- Job Description PDF / 653 KB
- Recognition of Foreign Documents PDF / 230 KB
- General Information for Au Pair PDF / 110 KB
- Student Blocked Account and Formal Obligation Letter PDF / 299 KB
- Evidence of basic knowledge of the German language PDF / 130 KB
- Health Insurance for long term stay PDF / 232 KB
- Host Family Questionnaire PDF / 772 KB
Regular visa fees are to paid in UAE Dirham (AED), only exact amount in cash will be accepted. Current exchange rate of the Consulate applies.
National, long-term visa (category D): 75,00 Euro
Children up to 18 years (category D): 37,50 Euro
Please note that depending on your nationality and your passport the visa fees might vary. You will be informed at the counter if that is applicable to you.
As of 1 August 2018, close family members (spouses, unmarried minor children and parents of minor children) of a Person eligible for subsidiary protection in Germany will be able to apply for a vise…
Germany depends on being open and connected to the wider world. On 1 August 2012, the law implementing the EU's Blue Card Directive is entering into force. The new law will especially streamline visa application and right of residence procedures for skilled professionals from abroad.
some of your questions might be answered below