A national, long-term visa (D-Type Visa) allows you to stay in Germany as a resident and to travel freely within all member states of the Schengen Treaty (including airport transit), while you live in Germany.
1. How and where to apply:
In the UAE, all visa applications are processed and decided upon by the German Consulate General in Dubai.
Applicants wishing to apply for a Long stay visa for Germany Need to contact VFS Global http://www.vfsglobal.com/germany/UAE/ for an appointment by sending an E-Mail to Germany.firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the appointment date is confirmed, the applicant needs to attend in Person with all the required documents for the appointment.
Please check carefully the relevant information and checklists for your type of travel purpose and ensure to submit all requested documents. All documents need to be submitted in 3 sets (1 x Original and 2 x copies) in order to have 2 complete application sets of documents.
Below you will find all relevant information about the different types of long stay visa as well as application forms and leaflets.
2. Application Forms for National Visa (English and Arabic)
3. Requirement Sheets for National Visa
- Recognition of foreign qualifications for regulated professions §17a PDF / 425 KB
- AuPair PDF / 335 KB
- Employment PDF / 337 KB
- Family Reunion to SYR Refugee PDF / 408 KB
- Family Reunion PDF / 430 KB
- Job Seeker PDF / 338 KB
- Medical long stay PDF / 405 KB
- Self-Employment PDF / 435 KB
- Specialty Cooks PDF / 341 KB
- Study PDF / 421 KB
4. Additional Requirements / Information for National Visa
- General Information Long Term Visa PDF / 477 KB
- Recognition of Foreign Documents PDF / 227 KB
- Blocked Account & Obligation letter PDF / 295 KB
- Health Insurance PDF / 232 KB
- Declaration of Consent for Email Contact PDF / 320 KB
- Language Requirements Leaflet PDF / 130 KB
- Au Pair_General Information PDF / 110 KB
- Au Pair_Host Family Questionnaire_Dubai PDF / 772 KB
- Employment -Job Description Form PDF / 653 KB
Please do not send any documents to the visa section- especially not before applying. These documents cannot be kept and / or assigned here. Please always bring complete documents to the interview appointment.
Processing time: 10 to 12 weeks.
National Visa Fees:
Regular visa fees are to paid in UAE Dirham (AED), only exact amount in cash will be accepted. Current exchange rate of the Consulate applies.
National, long-term visa (category D): 75,00 Euro
Children up to 18 years (category D): 37,50 Euro
Please note that depending on your nationality and your passport the visa fees might vary. You will be informed at the counter if that is applicable to you.
As of 1 August 2018, close family members (spouses, unmarried minor children and parents of minor children) of a Person eligible for subsidiary protection in Germany will be able to apply for a vise…
Germany depends on being open and connected to the wider world. On 1 August 2012, the law implementing the EU's Blue Card Directive is entering into force. The new law will especially streamline visa application and right of residence procedures for skilled professionals from abroad.
some of your questions might be answered below
For more information, please contact Ms. Mona Osman at the Goethe Institute in Abu Dhabi at the following email-address: email@example.com