Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
National Visa – Category D: Family Reunion under Subsidiary Protection
The German Consulate in Dubai has generated this information leaflet. The Consulate is responsible for visa applications of those applicants who reside in the United Arab Emirates. The application form needs to be filled out online https://videx-national.diplo.de/videx/visum-erfassung/index.html#/videx-langfristiger-aufenthalt and printed out.
Applicants are requested to carefully read the general information sheet for National (long-term) visa for Germany (which can be downloaded from our website).
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
As of 1 August 2018, close family members (spouses, unmarried minor children and minor children’s parents) of a person eligible for subsidiary protection in Germany are able to apply for a visa for the purpose of family reunion according to the so-called 1000 regulation.
Eligible family members may use the following link to register in order to submit their visa documentation: https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?request_locale=de&locationCode=subs
In case of a successful preliminary inspection of the required documents by the competent authority in Germany you will receive a notification which is the basis for booking the appointment to file your application for family reunion to the family member at this Consulate
For Syrian nationals: Applicants need to prove their family ties to the recognized Syrian refugee living in Germany. This needs to be done by presenting the necessary certificates e.g. Syrian family book or birth/ marriage / divorce certificates. Certificates from Syria needs to be legalized by the German Mission in Lebanon. For more information, please visit www.beirut.diplo.de. For certificates from another origin, please see separate leaflet for information regarding the recognition of foreign documents.
For other nationalities please contact the German mission in the country that issued your certificatesto have them legalized.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
All documents need to be submitted in 2 sets of copies including application form. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Original documents will be returned immediately. Documents, which are not in German or English language, require a translation.
Every set has to be sorted as follows:
Application form including the declaration of true and complete information (According to Section 54 (2) 8 in conjunction with Section 53 of the Residence Act)
available online free of charge
Applicant must have the original passport & copies of the passport (personal data page including validity pages) & UAE residency must be submitted as copies attached to each of the 2 sets submitted.
Three recent biometric passport sized photographs (3.5x4,5 cm)
Do not glue or staple the pictures to the application form.
If applicable: previous stay in Germany / previous Schengen Visa
· BAMF Bescheid of Reference Person in Germany
· National Passport of Reference Person in Germany
· German Refugee Passport of the Reference Person in Germany
· German Residency of the Reference Person in Germany
Original & copies of Certificates (family book and/or birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce, death certificate)
· family reunion to spouse: marriage certificate and/or family book needs to be provided
· family reunion to parent: birth certificate and/or family book needs to be provided
· family reunion to child: birth certificate and/or family book needs to be provided
IMPORTANT: Syrian Documents need to be legalized by German Mission in Lebanon. For documents issued from other countries, please contact the German mission in the country of issuance.
Incoming medical insurance or proof public / private insurance covering the applicant as an expat / student in Germany has to be provided at the time of visa approval. A travel insurance is not sufficient.
More information to be provided during the interview.
- Applicants, who come late to their appointment by more than 15 min, will not be permitted to enter the visa section and are required to schedule a new Appointment.
- Only complete applications can be accepted; applicants will be requested to arrange a new appointment if arriving with incomplete documents.
- Visa fees must be paid upon submission of application in cash (AED) only to the German Consulate only exact change will be accepted.
- Processing time at the Consulate due to necessary and obligatory legal requirements usually takes a minimum of 7 working days and up to 12 weeks or longer. Applicants are requested to apply up to 3 months prior to the intended date of journey. Applicants are also kindly requested to refrain from status inquiries, within the first 8 weeks.
- False or falsified documents will lead to the refusal of visa and / or further consequences.
- Complete documentation does not guarantee a visa approval.
- The German Consulate Dubai reserves the right to ask for additional documents and / or call applicant for additional information or interview.
Disclaimer: Although the information in this leaflet has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.