Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The German Consulate in Dubai has generated this information leaflet. The Consulate is responsible for visa applications of those applicants who reside in the United Arab Emirates. The application form needs to be filled out online https://videx-national.diplo.de/videx/visum-erfassung/index.html#/videx-langfristiger-aufenthalt and printed out.
Applicants are requested to carefully read the general information sheet for National (long-term) visa for Germany (which can be downloaded from our website).
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
- Age limits at least 18 years / at most 26 years of age (when the visa application is submitted).
- Duration of the au pair relationship: at least 6 months / at most 1 year.
- Please download the Au Pair_General Information sheet from our website.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
All documents need to be submitted in 2 sets of copies including application form. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Original documents will be returned immediately. Documents, which are not in German or English language, require a translation.
Every set has to be sorted as follows:
Application form including the declaration of true and complete information (According to Section 54 (2) 8 in conjunction with Section 53 of the Residence Act)
available online free of charge
Applicant must have the original passport & copies of the passport (personal data page including validity pages) & UAE residency & Emirates ID must be submitted as copies attached to each of the 2 sets submitted.
Three recent biometric passport sized photographs (3.5x4,5 cm)
Do not glue or staple the pictures to the application form.
If applicable: previous stay in Germany / previous Schengen Visa
Invitation letter from host family clarifying the following:
Au Pair / Host Family Questionnaire – please download from our website-
Motivation letter (why do you wish to go to Germany?) in German or English
|8.||Documents reflecting your previous education and skills e.g. school certificates, university degree certificates, internships, trainings, university and / or employment confirmation.|
Knowledge of basic German language – Level A 1
The basic knowledge of the language must be on a par with level 1 of the common European language norm. This entails the use and understanding of common, every-day expressions and very simple sentences that target the satisfaction of certain needs. It must be possible to introduce oneself to others and ask other people questions about themselves –for example, where they live, which people they know or what things they have –and give answers to questions of this kind. A simple kind of communication must be possible, if the conversational partners speak slowly and clearly and are prepared to help one another.
For the safety not only of the Au pair but also for the safety of the child (ren) to be cared for, the visa application must be rejected if the communication with the host family regarding the duties and also concrete wishes or needs of the au pair and the child(ren) in his/her care or calling for help in dangerous situations is not possible in German language in spite of mutual good will.
Incoming medical insurance or proof public / private insurance covering the applicant as an expat / student in Germany has to be provided at the time of visa approval. A travel insurance is not sufficient.
More information to be provided during the interview.
The Federal Employment Office (www.arbeitsagentur.de) informs on their homepage with regard to au pair stays and the rights and obligations of the host families and the au pair involved with these stays. By typing “au pair” in the search function, you will find information for host families and au pairs, as well as the sample contract. Multilingual information regarding au pair residences and au pair agencies with the seal of quality of the au pair quality control association (“Gütegemeinschaft Au pair e.V.”) are available on the homepage in the download-Center.
- Applicants, who come late to their appointment by more than 15 min, will not be permitted to enter the visa section and are required to schedule a new appointment
- Only complete applications can be accepted; applicants will be requested to arrange a new appointment if arriving with incomplete documents.
- Visa fees must be paid upon submission of application in cash (AED) only to the German Consulate only exact change will be accepted.
- Processing time at the Consulate due to necessary and obligatory legal requirements usually takes a minimum of 7 working days and up to 12 weeks or longer. Applicants are requested to apply up to 3 months prior to the intended date of journey. Applicants are also kindly requested to refrain from status inquiries, within the first 8 weeks.
- False or falsified documents will lead to the refusal of visa and / or further consequences.
- Complete documentation does not guarantee a visa approval.
- The German Consulate Dubai reserves the right to ask for additional documents and / or call applicant for additional information or interview.
Disclaimer: Although the information in this leaflet has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.