The German Consulate in Dubai has generated this information leaflet. The Consulate is responsible for visa applications of those applicants who reside in the United Arab Emirates. The application form needs to be filled out online https://videx-national.diplo.de/videx/visum-erfassung/index.html#/videx-langfristiger-aufenthalt and printed out.
Applicants are requested to carefully read the general information sheet for National (long-term) visa for Germany (which can be downloaded from our website).
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
“Recognition in Germany” is the official online portal for the Federal Recognition Act. It provides foreign skilled workers with information on how and where they can submit an application for recognition of qualifications they have gained abroad. The “Recognition Finder” enables you to identify the competent body for your own particular case. For more information, please visit: www.anerkennung-in-deutschland.de
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
All documents need to be submitted in 2 sets of copies including application form. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Original documents will be returned immediately. Documents, which are not in German or English language, require a translation.
Every set has to be sorted as follows:
Application form including the declaration of true and complete information (According to Section 54 (2) 8 in conjunction with Section 53 of the Residence Act)
available online free of
· Fully completed in English or German, signed, and dated by the applicant himself.
· If the applicant is under the age of 18, signed form “Authorization – Minors / Children under 18” needs to be attached including passport copies of parents/ legal guardian.
· Must be submitted as printout attached to each of the 2sets.
Applicant must have the original passport & copies of the passport (personal data page including validity pages) & UAE residency must be submitted as copies attached to each of the 2 sets submitted.
· Validity minimum 6-12 months.
Please be aware that a visa validity cannot exceed the validity of the passport. It is recommended that the passport is valid for at least 1 year at the day of submission.
· Signed by bearer
· Passport not older than 10 years (issued in the last 10 years)
· At least two free visa pages
· Undamaged pictures securely affixed with/to passport
· Previous passport if applicable
· IMPORTANT: valid UAE residence permit
· Special rules might apply for some nationals which passports are not recognized by the German authorities.)
If applicable: previous stay in Germany / previous Schengen Visa
Recognition of foreign professional qualification
For doctors, please check the Landesärztekammer website of the Federal State, where you will be applying for your Fachsprachenprüfung to check on the requirements to receive your Defizitbescheid.
Once you have your Defizitbescheid, check the points 6 a - d
Required in cases, where the Defizitbescheid states deficit in German language:
* It is always recommended that the applicant provides proof of German language proficiency Level of at least A2 (nursing and health professions at least B1) at the time of submitting the application.
* In case of not having the Defizitbescheid the applicant will have to apply for a language course visa (§16f AufenthG) & after completing the German course the applicant will most likely have to exit Germany & apply for a new visa to complete the recognition process (§16d AufenthG) to complete the steps of recognition after obtaining the Defizitbescheid. Please refer to our student requirement visa.
Required in cases of participation in a preparatory theoretical course to prepare for the knowledge examination (Kenntnisprüfung) (§16d Abs.1 AufenthG):
Required in cases, where the Defizitbescheid states deficit in Recognition Test (§16d Abs. 5 AufenthG):
Only required from NURSES in cases of participation in an occupational training program (e.g. adaptation training course):
Only required in cases where an applicant already holds a full recognition:
Proof of Qualification Documents reflecting your previous education and skills:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) of your professional career, specifying the certificates, diplomas and qualifications you have obtained.
Letter explaining the plan of the applicant in relation to every step until receiving the certificate of recognition.
Proof of a blocked German bank account (“Sperrkonto”):
Incoming medical insurance or proof public / private insurance covering the applicant as an expat / student in Germany has to be provided at the time of visa approval. A travel insurance is not sufficient.
More information to be provided during the interview.
- Applicants, who come late to their appointment by more than 15 min, will not be permitted to enter the visa section and are required to schedule a new Appointment.
- Only complete applications can be accepted; applicants will be requested to arrange a new appointment if arriving with incomplete documents.
- Visa fees must be paid upon submission of application in cash (AED) only to the German Consulate only exact change will be accepted.
- Processing time at the Consulate due to necessary and obligatory legal requirements usually takes a minimum of 7 working days and up to 12 weeks or longer. Applicants are requested to apply up to 3 months prior to the intended date of journey. Applicants are also kindly requested to refrain from status inquiries, within the first 8 weeks.
- False or falsified documents will lead to the refusal of visa and / or further consequences.
- Complete documentation does not guarantee a visa approval.
- The German Consulate Dubai reserves the right to ask for additional documents and / or call applicant for additional information or interview.
Disclaimer: Although the information in this leaflet has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.