Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The German Consulate in Dubai has generated this information leaflet. The Consulate is responsible for visa applications of those applicants who reside in the United Arab Emirates. The application form needs to be filled out online https://videx-national.diplo.de/videx/visum-erfassung/index.html#/videx-langfristiger-aufenthalt and printed out.
Applicants are requested to carefully read the general information sheet for National (long-term) visa for Germany (which can be downloaded from our website).
Please note that incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
According to Section 18 of the German Income Tax Act (Einkommensteuergesetz), freelance employment includes independent scientific, artistic, literary, teaching or educational work, and the independent professional activity of doctors, dentists, veterinarians, lawyers, notaries, patent agents, surveyors, engineers, architects, commercial chemists, accountants, tax consultants, consulting economists, sworn accountants, tax agents, non-medical practitioners, physiotherapists, journalists, photojournalists, interpreters, translators, pilots and similar professions.
As the competent bodies at your future habitual residence assess whether the conditions for freelance activities by foreigners have been met in your case, you are advised to contact the relevant authorities and enquire about special prerequisites before filing your visa application with us. The authorities you need to contact are, for example, the Aliens Authority, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the authority regulating admission to the profession concerned.
For further information, please check https://www.make-it-in-germany.com/en/working-in-germany
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
All documents need to be submitted in 2 sets of copies including application form. Original certificates / documents must be presented separately. Original documents will be returned immediately. Documents, which are not in German or English language, require a translation.
Every set has to be sorted as follows:
Application form including the declaration of true and complete information (According to Section 54 (2) 8 in conjunction with Section 53 of the Residence Act)
available online free of charge
Applicant must have the original passport & copies of the passport (personal data page including validity pages) & UAE residency & Emirates ID must be submitted as copies attached to each of the 2 sets submitted.
Three recent biometric passport sized photographs (3.5x4,5 cm)
Do not glue or staple the pictures to the application form.
If applicable: previous stay in Germany / previous Schengen Visa
Well-structured and detailed description of your planned freelance employment, supported by fee contracts and/or letters of intent
· Proof of available capital
· Revenue forecast
· Proof of business contacts in the relevant professional field in Germany/Europe
Curriculum vitae (CV) specifying the certificates, diplomas and qualifications you have obtained & additional proof of previous and current academic studies (e.g. Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, Higher National Diploma)/professional training/work experience.
Incoming medical insurance or proof public / private insurance covering the applicant as an expat / student in Germany has to be provided at the time of visa approval. A travel insurance is not sufficient.
More information to be provided during the interview.
If you are 45 years or older: evidence of adequate retirement benefits (e.g. offer from a private pension or life insurer, own assets, acquired pension rights or operating assets); ultimately, at the age of 67, you must have either a monthly pension of 1280.06 euro payable for at least 12 years or assets totaling 187,682.00 euro
- Applicants, who come late to their appointment by more than 15 min, will not be permitted to enter the visa section and are required to schedule a new Appointment.
- Only complete applications can be accepted; applicants will be requested to arrange a new appointment if arriving with incomplete documents.
- Visa fees must be paid upon submission of application in cash (AED) only to the German Consulate only exact change will be accepted.
- Processing time at the Consulate due to necessary and obligatory legal requirements usually takes a minimum of 7 working days and up to 12 weeks or longer. Applicants are requested to apply up to 3 months prior to the intended date of journey. Applicants are also kindly requested to refrain from status inquiries, within the first 8 weeks.
- False or falsified documents will lead to the refusal of visa and / or further consequences.
- Complete documentation does not guarantee a visa approval.
- The German Consulate Dubai reserves the right to ask for additional documents and / or call applicant for additional information or interview.
Disclaimer: Although the information in this leaflet has been prepared with utmost care, we cannot accept any responsibility for inaccuracies contained herein.